Vol. 33, No. 5 May, 2009
CHRIST IS STILL.
By Dr. George Mills
“Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, and today, and for ever.” (Heb. 13:8).
The word, “still” means, “Devoid or abstaining any motion,” “motionless,” “not moving.” When I use the word “STILL,” concerning our Lord Jesus, I do not mean that Christ is motionless or idle today. He is neither idle nor passive. There is a battle raging. The battle of right vs wrong. Christ is certainly not idle. He is out front, leading His on. By “STILL” I mean that there is no change in Him. He is STILL today what He has always been. He never changes.
HE IS STILL!
Things down here change.
Seasons change. Seasons are meant to change. The earth replenishes itself through seasonal changes. I most certainly do not believe in the “Global warming theory” as many are accepting. The earth is equipped to take care of itself. God made it that way.
Styles change. This is the “Sloppy Generation.” This has even invaded the
Church world. I remember the day when we wore our best to come to Church. Now, it’s “come as you are,” or “dress down Sunday” Even the man in the pulpit follows the crowd. Styles have changed, not for the better, I am afraid.
Churches change. Just a few years ago, I would have never thought that what’s happening in the church world would be happening. The Old Bible has been laid aside and replaced by some RSV TEV NIV, etc on and on. Yes, here we are in the middle of change. Again, not for the better.
Music changes. The old hymn Book has been replaced by this “contemporary, barn dance, jamboree, jubilee.” music.
Music has changed, but not for the better. As I have said many times before, so say I again, Every Church should carefully guard it’s musical program carefully!
On and on we could talk about change. I don’t like change very much. I like to stay with the tried and proven.
CHRIST IS STILL. Still the same. Follow me as I try to bring to light some of the
Unchangeable attributes of our Lord Jesus…
1. HIS PERSONALITY IS STILL. It never changes. He is still “Altogether Lovely.” (Song Of Solomon 5:16)
He is still the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the valleys.
The Rose reminds us of at least two things about Christ.
(A) The sweet fragrance of the Rose reminds us of His WORK in Redemption.
The beautiful rose grows among thorns. The thorn reminds us of the four-fold curse upon man, the woman, the serpent, and creation itself. God said to Adam “Thorns and thistles shall it bring forth to thee.” (Gen. 3:18). On the Cross He was crowned with a crown of thorns. The Bible clearly states that “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the Law, being made a curse for us for it is written cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree.” (Gal 3:13). In His work of redemption, Christ bore every sin, every curse, and every act that separated man from God.
(B) The sweet fragrance of the rose also reminds us of His universal appeal. Everyone loves the Rose. It is the favorite flower of the rich and poor alike. Christ appeals to all men everywhere. The fragrance of Calvary is the delight of every poor sinner who has received by faith the Christ of the cross and of the empty tomb. Yes, He is STILL that Sweet Rose of Sharon.
As with the Rose, the LILY reminds us of the PERSON of Christ. Jesus said, “Consider the Lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin…Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.” (Mt. 6:28-29). “Consider the Lily…
The Lily is a visible illustration of Christ in all His Glory. The Lily does not grow from a seed, but from a bulb in it’s own root system. Christ is that “root out of dry ground” (Isa 53:2) and “The root of David.”(Rev. 5:5). When the Lily withers and dies due to summer heat and winter cold, down there, under the soil, that bulb will begin it’s process of life, and from that dry place, the Lily grows. What a picture of the death and resurrection of Christ. The flower of the plant has six pedals, picturing the humanity of Christ. Every flower has seven stamen stems. These are the pollen producing stems; these stems are gold in color. Seven speaks of Perfection, gold speaks of Deity. Each flower is white, picturing His Purity. I am also reminded that the Lily grows in low places. This reminds us of the condescension of Christ as He came to where we are. (Phil 2:5-8). He is still The Holy, Harmless, Undefiled High Priest, (Heb 7:26-28). Now, before I leave his Personality and go to the next point, let me make this observation. A growing debate in the “religious world” is the debate about “Who is Jesus?” and “Is He the only way to God?” This debate has always been in the “secular world”, but ever growing now in the “sacred world.” Every new “version” has so watered down His Person, and in so doing has fueled this debate. Don’t fret my Brothers and Sisters. His PERSONALITY is Still. He never changes.
2. HIS POWER IS STILL. Not inactive, but unchanging. When He walked forth bodily from the grave, He told His disciples, “All power is given to me in Heaven and in earth.” (Mt 28:19-20).
He STILL has Power to save the vilest of sinners who will believe and trust Him. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Ro 10:9). Saved to the utmost. Saved from the Penalty and Power of sin. Wherever and however you may be today, call unto Him. He is there, where you are in the Person of the Holy Spirit. He will hear your prayer. Tell Him, in your own words that you believe the Bible and that you trust Christ as your own Personal Saviour. He STILL hears that humble cry from the repentant heart.
He STILL has Power to answer the prayer of Faith. Every day, around the world, the believing, praying child of God sees answers to prayer. “Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not,”(Jer. 33:3) STILL works!
He STILL has Power to take the weakest among us and transform that trusting vessel into a powerful witness for His Glory. He can do that for you! I praise him today for what He has done in my life. The Power that raised Him from the dead is still available for every trusting believer. (Phil 3:10)
He STILL has the Power in His voice to shout, and the bodies of Christian dead will arise, and living Believers be changed instantly, and rise, by His Power to our Eternal Home in Glory. (1Thess 4:13-18).
3. HIS POSITION IS STILL. He is STILL King of kings and Lord of lords. His Position determines His Power. He has not, and will not be de-throned. References to the title “LORD” concerning Christ have been removed in new “versions” dozens of times. Why? I have no reasonable or logical answer except to say that Satan has hated Christ and all that He is. In order for the Antichrist to rise to power, he must, in some way, weaken the Position of the real Christ. Believe me, he has been busy doing just that. Examine the evidence. Don’t just take my word for it. Today, he is using the minds of educated men. But His POSITION IS STILL! Nothing has changed;
4. HIS PURPOSE IS STILL. He came to pay the supreme price for lost sinners. He came to seek and to save that which was lost. He has been doing that for 2000 years. Today, He is still calling out of all nations a people for His Name. This Ministry is mailed to homes, Churches, Schools, Prisons, Missions across America, and via the internet, to the nations of the world. We STILL hear how Christ is changing lives in places we know not of. We STILL receive our Tracts with the back page filled in indicating that this one has received Christ. Nothing has changed about Him. He is still on the job. He is still saving souls and changing lives. He set His PURPOSE in motion when he arose from the grave, and nothing, no, not the gates of hell can do anything about it!
His Purpose is still!
5. HIS PERSISTANCE IS STILL. It is recorded in Rev. 3:20, “Behold I stand at the door and knock; if any man hear my voice and will open the door, I will come in to him and sup with him, and he with me.” He has been knocking for these 2000 years. If you are not saved, He has often knocked at the door of your heart. He will never open the door. You must do that. Perhaps today, as you are reading this, you can feel that gentle knock deep down inside your heart. He has been there many times during your lifetime. TODAY is your day to receive Him! Again, He will not knock down the door and enter your life unbidden by you. Take Him at His Word. He has been PERSISTANTLY knocking at heart’s doors for a long time!
6. HIS PROMISES ARE STILL. Unchanging, and unalterable. By far, too many to mention. I must close this message, as my space is running out. But His space in His Word never runs out. His Promises are new every day. Let me say this; If I am going to trust my life, and my soul to someone I have never seen with my eyes, I must know that he is able to perform every PROMISE He has made. I put Him to the test many years ago, and would you know it? He is still doing in me what He promised. Halleluiah! What a Saviour! It is indeed a privilege and honor to serve Him.
CHRIST IS STILL! Unchanging, and fulfilling every promise. You can trust Him. He is still the Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omnipotent Unchanging, Unmovable, Unfailing, Faultless, Faithful, and Fantastic Christ who Was, and Is, and Is to come!
THINK ABOUT IT…The Bible says, “That made the world as a WILDERNESS.” (Isa 14:17). Yes, this world is a wilderness, a barren place. We, as children of God are strangers and sojourners here. As God provided water for the Israelites in the wilderness, He has provided wonderful wells of Bible truths to refresh us on our journey.
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, STILL!
By Pastor George Mills
“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God hath made that same Jesus whom ye crucified both LORD and CHRIST.”
Re: Acts 2:36, Mk 5:1-14, Mt. 17:24-27, Mk. 4:35-41, Mk. 11:1-7, Mk. 16:1-7, Ro. 14:11-12.
Christ is LORD of every life,
And He’s LORD of every day.
Christ is LORD, beyond all strife,
He is ordained that way.
When the legions had their victim bent,
With no hope from day to day,
Into the herd of swine they went,
When the LORD sent the legions away.
“Cast your line into the sea,
The fish, my will obey,
Open his mouth and you will see,
A coin, for the tax to pay.”
“The storm around is raging so,
Each moment threatens harm.”
“Peace, be still, the winds do know,
He’s LORD of every storm.
“Loose the colt and bring to me,
The LORD hath need of him,
For he will yield to Deity,
At the voice of Diadem.
Death, oh death, once filled with fear,
And always one breath ahead.
Now face the grave without a tear,
The LORD is risen from the dead.
One day mankind will bow the knee,
And every tongue will say,
That Christ is LORD, then willingly,
Oh friend, do that today!
LORD of all, to bow to none,
Fulfilled, the Father’s will,
All Power belongs to God’s own Son,
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, STILL!
IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOU!
By Pastor George Mills
“Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you.”
Some time ago, I was listening to a beautiful Gospel song; IT MATTERS TO HIM ABOUT YOU. I enjoyed listening to it. The message of the song just stuck with me. Today, I would like to share with you some thoughts I believe the Lord has laid on my heart. IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOU!
Due to the nature of this Ministry and the many and varied places it is sent, it is very doubtful that I will ever meet most of you, that is, in this life. If you are saved, then we will meet in God’s tomorrow. In any case, It Matters To Me About You. Some of you are in ill health. That matters to me. Some of you are in prison. Of course, that matters to me. Some of you are in one of the Rescue Missions that receive this Publication. Some of you are on one of the Mission fields of the world. Some of you may be backslidden, and some of you are not saved. Whoever, and wherever, and however you are, IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOU.
1. IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOUR SALVATION. First and foremost, are you saved? That really matters. If you are not saved, Please, for your own sake, get this matter settled in your heart today.
I serve the Saviour who loves you, and went to the Cross for you, and took your sin in Himself, and paid a debt you could never pay. Of course, the same is true for everyone, but I am speaking to YOU. YOU matter much to Him. I would love to know that you are saved. If you are reading this, and you are a child of God, Why not drop me a note and let me know. If you are not saved, today, NOW, tell The Lord Jesus, in your own words that you believe with your heart that He died for you, and that He was buried, and was resurrected from the dead for YOU. (Ro. 10:9-13). He is there, wherever you are, in the Person of the Holy Spirit. He will hear the cry of the repentant heart. Let me know that you have received Him. I would love to send you a small booklet; “God’s Great Plan For You.”
2. IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOUR SANCTIFICATION. This is a big word which has the meaning of being set apart for God’s use. Sanctification is a lifelong process of growing stronger each day in our Faith and Love for Christ and His cause.
(A) Since you have been saved, have you been baptized? This is your public identification with Christ. Baptism does not make you any more saved. That’s impossible. Baptism makes you an obedient Christian. Christ died for us openly and publicly. We are to be openly and publicly identified with Him in Baptism. This Matters to Christ.
(B) Your Prayer life matters. It matters to Christ. It matters to me. I need your prayers. I need Christian people everywhere to pray for me. I need God’s wisdom and power. These are critical days. I do not believe that most of us realize just how critical these times are. We need one another. Your Faith will grow stronger and deeper as you pray and see God working in your prayer life. As a Christian, you do not need to send your prayer request to some “religious” headquarters, or some earthly priest. God will hear YOUR prayer. He delights in YOUR prayer. In fact, He is waiting to hear from you. Your loved ones need your prayers. Your Church needs YOUR prayers. Our Nation needs YOUR prayers.
YOUR prayers matter.
(C) Your Bible study program matters. There has never been such a critical hour concerning your Bible. Of course I am speaking of the King James Bible. There are dozens and dozens of “bibles” on the market today. All but one were born in apostasy, and are filled with apostasy in various ways. Stay with the KJB. Learn to study it properly. This really matters. Some develop a habit of reading a verse here, and tomorrow, a verse there, sorta hit-miss. While this is OK, you do not learn much that way. Perhaps you should begin in the Book of Romans, ch. 1. Read a few verses, and re-read them until you have a good understanding, and work your way through in that manner.
Yes, This matters to me. I want everyone I come in contact with to love the Bible. Read it to be wise. Read it to know the mind of God. Read it to learn about yourself, about human nature.
(D) Your Church attendance matters to our Lord. Certainly it matters to me. Christ died for His Church. But there are churches of every kind, of every denomination, non-denomination and name known. You can find churches that are ½ mile wide and ¼ inch deep. Sound doctrine is a thing of the past in so many churches. And the musical program is more of a “jam-fest” than old fashioned Hymns of Praise. I believe that you should be part of a good, Bible believing, soul winning Church. Be active. Love that Church. Pray for the Pastor. This really matters. The Church I attend is a Fundamental, Independent Bible Believing, (KJB) Baptist Church. Where you live, there may not be such a church. Find one if you can. Here in our homeland, I believe you can find one near you. This really matters.
(E) Your giving matters. It matters to your own growth as a Christian. Giving to your local Church is part of your growth. Don’t send your money to religious broadcast or telecast “ministries.” Religious charlatans are everywhere with “gimmicks” and “gadgets” and promises. “Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store as God has prospered him that there be no gatherings when I come.” (1Cor 16:2). New Testament giving is Church giving.
These things, Baptism, Prayer, Bible study, Church attendance, Giving are all vital parts of your Growing, your Sanctification. These things really matter. They will not make you any “more saved” than you were the moment you received Christ. These matter in your daily growth. These matter to Christ.
3. IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOUR SERVICE. This really matters. So many Christians live, and then die without ever really serving Christ, other than attending church. You have talent that Christ can use in His program for world evangelism. You have a gift that no one else has. Discover that gift and use if for Christ. He will guide you in His Word. I believe with all my heart that this is how God spoke to me about my field of service. Remember, God does not call everyone into a pulpit ministry, but He does want to use everyone He saves in His service. This really matters. It matters to Christ. It matters to me. Finding and doing the will of God is the most wonderful thing you will ever do in this life. God saved me almost 50 years ago and I started preaching not long after I was saved. I wouldn’t trade places with nobody!
4. IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOUR SECURITY. This too, really matters! So many have never really nailed down their security in Christ. Some believe that you “lose it” and “gain it back.” etc. “Am I really, honestly saved forever?” If you have received Christ, if you have trusted in His finished work of redemption, then you are really, honestly saved forever. Nothing can rob you of that wonderful promise of God. Let me show you from the Bible (KJB) some wonderful truths…
(A) Your Security is in the Promises of God. There are so many. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should NOT perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE.” (Jn 3:16). “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me and he that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT. (Jn 6:37) “My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me. And I give unto them ETERNAL LIFE and they shall NEVER PERISH, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” (John 10:25-30). A wonderful passage to read is Romans 8:31-39.
(B) Your Security is in the Presence of the Holy Spirit in your life. When we said “yes” to Christ, the Holy Spirit came into our lives to be with us until at last we are in the presence of Christ. “In whom ye also trusted after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your salvation, in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.” (Eph. 1:13) The Holy Spirit is that still small voice in you that will not let you live in doubt if you listen. He is your Friend. You really matter to Him.
(C) Your Security is in the Prayers of Christ. He prayed for us in John 17:9-20. Today, He is in Heaven at the right Hand of the Father to serve as our Faithful High Priest. There is one God and ONE Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1Tim 2:5)
John tells us, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous. And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.” (1Jn 2:1-2). Your Security matters to Him. He is your Eternal High Priest. It matters to me that you understand these things.
These few things I have been able to share with you today are some of the “whyfores” of this ministry. Every one of you are important to Christ. Wherever, and however you may be, He gave His life for you. Knowing Him, and getting to know Him better every day is the most important thing in life.
Please make sure that you have asked Him into your life as your own Saviour.
IT MATTERS TO HIM ABOUT YOU!
MANNA… As the Israelites journeyed through the wilderness, they found manna to eat. This was Angel food. This sustained them on their journey. Your letters, calls, gifts, prayers, and kind words about this ministry are MANNA to us. Thank you for every gift, every expression of kindness, without which we could do very little. IT MATTERS TO ME ABOUT YOU! God Bless.
Pastor G. Mills