<h5>Vol. 31, No. 6 June, 2007
BEULAH LAND, SWEET BEULAH LAND
By Pastor George Mills
Recently, I was asked the question; “What is your thinking, or your ideas about the Land of Beulah, or Beulah Land? I cannot recall everything that was asked, but this was the gist of the question. My reply was very simple “Well, er, ah, uh, uh, uh, oh, I believe, I think maybe this might possibly could have been, maybe where the Jews maybe, might have been permitted to live in Joseph’s days at the time when Joseph was Prime Minister of Egypt, er. Ah..”To be very honest, I had no real answer. It took me only a moment to realize that the Jews were allowed to live in the Land of Goshen and NOT the land of Beulah, (Gen. 47:6) I thought of songs we sing about Beulah;“I’m living on the mountain, underneath the cloudless sky, I’m drinking from the fountain that never will run dry, Oh yes I’m feasting on the Manna from a bountiful supply, For I am dwelling in BEULAH LAND.”
“Beulah Land, I’m longing for you. And Someday on thee I’ll stand” “O Beulah Land, sweet Beulah Land.” “Is not this the Land of Beulah”…We sing about Beulah Land, but where is it? A quick look at the various maps of the land of Israel, and the Middle East, revealed no Beulah land. I have a Bible Atlas. No Beulah Land listed there. I searched a Bible concordance and the Word “BEULAH” is mentioned ONE time in the entire Bible. “Thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land BEULAH for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.” (Isa 62: 4b). This text looks forward to the time when ALL of Israel is called to return to their homeland. I do not believe that the establishment of the Nation of Israel by a vote of the United Nations in 1948 is the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Of course we support Israel and the right for Israel to be in the land. Remember, Israel is back in the land by the narrow vote of man. If man can vote Israel in, man can vote Israel out. One day, GOD will call all Israel home. I believe that after God calls the Church home, and after this dispensation of the Church age has ended, and The Gospel of the Grace of God no longer proclaimed, the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM (Mt 24:14) will be preached in the entire world. The Gospel of the KINGDOM will call Israel home. World conditions at that time, the rise of the Antichrist, population shifts, food supplies, and various economical situations will cause Israel to return. This is GOD’S DOING. God said “I WILL SCATTER YOU AMONG THE NATIONS, AND I WILL BRING YOU BACK.” The Jews will face the antichrist during the tribulation period. They will face a time such as never was before, nor will ever be again, (Mt 24:21). After the terrible reign of the antichrist, and man’s vain attempt to solve economics, food supplies, world peace, GLOBAL WARMING, disease, pestilence, and before man slaughters himself in the battles of Armageddon, Jesus Christ will return to earth with the armies of Heaven and destroy the antichrist armies and his system. Remember, at this time, the Church has been called out, and called home. I am glad that God has “Not appointed us to wrath” (the tribulation period) 1Thess. 5:9. Today, God is not dealing with Israel as a nation. As a nation, Israel rejected their Messiah. God turned from dealing with the nation, to the calling out from all nations a people for his Name, called the Church. Individual Jews are being saved, have been saved, and will be saved and added to the Church while the Church is here. After the tribulation is over and Christ has returned, Israel will see their Messiah, and there shall be a time of mourning as they look upon the One “whom they have pierced.” Please read Zechariah 12, 13, 14. The Lord Jesus will reign from the Throne of David. The land will be transformed to the glorious land that God promised. Israel was married to God at the giving of the Law. Israel became the unfaithful wife. Read Hosea 1,2,3. Israel, the unfaithful wife, has been temporarily set aside, (Romans 9,10,11) but will be restored after the tribulation. This brings us back to BEULAH LAND. After the Church age, and after the tribulation, Christ reigns and the land is at peace, and the desert blossoms as the rose,(Isa 35:1). According to our text in Isaiah 62:4, the land is now called, “Forsaken” and “Desolate.” “Thou shalt be called by a NEW NAME, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.” “Thou shall be called Hephzibah” meaning, “the Lord has delight in thee.“ “And thy land BEULAH” meaning, Thy land shall be married.” The land at peace. The desert blossoming. (Isa. 11:6-8). All will be at peace. Christ reigns for a thousand years. BEULAH LAND. In reading all of this text regarding Beulah Land, and there is so much in Isaiah 60-66, I hope that you will read, along with other passages I have referred to. But Isaiah 61 also caught my attention. There are some things listed in v3 God will do for the Jews at that time of restoration. These are also some things He has done for the Christian.
1. HE WILL GIVE THEM BEAUTY FOR ASHES. Ashes speaks of burning. We cannot help but see the awful burning of this people down through the centuries. They have been tried, persecuted, imprisoned, and everything we can think of to annihilate this people. We think of the burning in Hitler’s furnaces. But according to Isaiah 43:1-6; When thou walkest through the fire thou shalt not be burned.” Israelites who will not bow to the antichrist will be brought safely through the fire of tribulation. He will give them Beauty for Ashes. We can only imagine the Grace and Glory that will be bestowed upon this people when Christ reigns in Zion. And for the Christian;He also gives us Beauty for ashes. We think of our life before we were saved. How terrible. We were without God and without hope in the world. But we have been made nigh by the Blood of Christ. (Eph 2:11-13) What a thing of Beauty Christ did for me when He reached down to my pile of ashes, breathed life into it, set me upon a Rock, established my goings, and set a song in my heart. What BEAUTY I see at Calvary. What BEAUTY I see in Christ’s sufferings. What a thing of BEAUTY He did for me. Can I do anything less than give my best to Him as long as I live?
2. HE WILL GIVE THEM THE OIL OF JOY FOR MOURNING. As we think of the Jewish people we can only think of persecution, tears, mourning. The leader of Iran says that Israel should be wiped off the map. Other nations join in with that cry. Daily, there is mourning in Israel, both in the land of Israel, and wherever the Jews live throughout the world. The Jews have paid an awful price for their rejection of the Messiah. “His blood be on us and on our children.”(Mt 27:25). Since that night, there has been mourning through all Israel. Oil speaks of the Holy Spirit as He comes with His healing. The first 39 chapters of Isaiah emphasize the coming judgment. The last 27 Chapters emphasize mercy and comfort. And He gives to the Christian the Oil of Joy. The Holy Spirit comes into our life the moment we receive Christ, (Eph 1:13) He replaced our mourning with joy. “Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.” I cannot help but think of the 30th Psalm which says “Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing.” Weeping only endured for a night.
3. HE WILL GIVE THEM THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS. The Jews, again, have borne a HEAVY BURDEN. The greatest miracle other than the miracle of the Church is the fact that Israel still exists. Many do not believe that. Some believe that since 70AD the Jews were disbursed, that they just became part of other nations, and that Israel no longer exists. That’s NOT what the Bible says. They exist. God knows where they are. Oh, the heavy burden they have had to bear. I can only imagine the garment of praise as Israel sees their King, they weep before Him, and will say, “The Lord is my God.” There will be joy, praise, dancing, rejoicing. They will wear a garment of praise. And for the believer, Our yoke was heavy. Our burden was heavy. Our sin outweighed our self-righteousness. Jesus said, “My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Christ bore the heavy weight of our sin on His Cross. He did for us that which we could never do for ourselves. What a glorious day in my life when all of that heavy weight of my sin was rolled away, and I felt free at last. Oh yes, I praise Him today, tomorrow, and as long as I live. “Thou hast put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness.” (Psa 30:11) Now, we were speaking about BEULAH LAND. What does all of this have to do with Beulah Land? The issues with Israel will be settled at the end of the Tribulation. Israel will be home, and the land will be a paradise. The Jews will call their land BEULAH. They will be the happy wife of Jehovah. Isaiah 62:5 Pictures the Lord rejoicing over His Bride.The Church, the Bride of Christ will be in Heaven. “For our conversation is in Heaven, from whence we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His Glorious body according to the working whereby He is able to subdue all things unto Himself.” (Phil 3:20-21) Jesus said, “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also.” God will fulfill every word He said concerning Israel. Every last word. God will fulfill every word He said concerning the Church. God will fulfill every word He said to those who would reject His Plan of Salvation. “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”Today, while we have today, I ask you in Jesus’ Name, that if you are not saved, to consider these things..
1. REALIZE that you are a sinner before God Almighty. We are born sinners. This is part of our birthmark.
2. RECOGNIZE that Christ alone can save you. You cannot save yourself. You cannot work enough, pray enough, be good enough.
3. RECEIVE Jesus Christ as your Saviour. “But as many as received Him to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name.” How do I receive Him? The Bible says, “Ask, and ye shall receive.” God hears the cry of the REPENTANT Heart. Today, you can have Beauty, Oil of Joy, and the Garment of Praise. All free and paid in full, at Calvary.
THOU HAST MADE MY MOUNTAIN TO STAND.
By Pastor George Mills
“Lord, by Thy Favor, Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong.” (Psa 30:1-12)
Weeping and sorrow throughout the night,
And troubles on every hand,
With faithfulness true, no wrong God can do,
Thou hast made my mountain to stand.
Weeping and sorrow kept pressing me down,
Down to a horrible pit,
His Grace did abound,
all sufficient I found,
Sorrow only endured for a bit.
In His Favor is life, and by His faithful hand
Brought me up from that horrible place,
Only a night,
and with morning light,
My mountain still stands by His Grace.
My mountain faced onslaughts from the enemy, bold,
But it was kept by God’s mighty hand,
Through Satan’s assail,
it never did fail,
Thou hast made my mountain to stand.
My weeping and sorrow endured for a night,
With joy, the morning I see,A new day is here,
free from all fear,
My mountain still stands for me.
My morning to dancing, my sackcloth gone,
The dawning I clearly see,
My mountain has stood,
God is so good, My mountain is there for me.
My refuge is sure, it will ever endure,
Upheld by my Father’s great hand,
At the enemy’s best, it stood every test,
Thou hast made my mountain to stand.
Mount Calvary my refuge, God is my stay,
My weapon, that two-edged Sword,
Though often denied, and so sorely tried,
My Mountain is Christ, My Lord.
THE VIRGINIA TECH INCIDENT (This message was printed in the “WILDERNESS” in May, 1998, Vol. 22, No. 5, under the title; THE JONESBORO INCIDENT. The location has changed. The problem has not.) “For behold, the Lord, the Lord of hosts doth take away from Jerusalem the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water. The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient. The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counselor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every man by his neighbour, the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.” (Isa. 3:1-5). Please take a few moments and read Isaiah, chs. 1,2,3.In March, 1998, the nation was saddened as reports came in from Jonesboro, Arkansas. Two young boys, ages eleven and thirteen shot into a crowd of children as they exited school during a fire alarm. I believe that four children were killed, and many more were injured. A brave schoolteacher was killed as she tried to help the children to safety. Certainly every heart went out to the families of these victims. May I say to the families, relatives, and friends of the victims of the mass killing at Virginia Tech that the American people are saddened, and hurt with you at the useless loss of life. It is very sad to see these kinds of incidents in America. It is common to hear these kinds of reports about violence on school campus. Violence in schools. Crimes, rapes, robberies, drugs, unsafe streets, and so much more all have replaced the tranquil society that I was raised in. What happened? What would cause kids to become criminals before they reach their teens? Where did we go wrong. I believe that in our text, we can see an amazing parallel. This is not addressed to anyone, or any place in particular. This is a NATIONAL problem. The thing that I want to point out is the symptoms, and the cure. I want to call our attention to some things, that unless changes are made, there will be more of the same. I hope not, but we have problems that must be addressed.During the reign of King Uzziah, Judah prospered. But while the nation was prospering materially, it was dying Spiritually. The outward appearance only covered a wicked heart. And so it is with America today. We have more than we ever need. We are prospering, and DYING, just like Judah. Incidents like the one in Jonesboro, and other places only tell us that there are problems, deep problems. From the White House, to the Court House, to the State House, to the Rich House, down to the Poor House, we have problems, the kinds of problems that money will not fix. In our text in Isaiah, Judah had a three-fold problem. Our problems are not unlike theirs..
1. A HERITAGE PROBLEM
2. A HOME PROBLEM.
3. A HEART PROBLEM
1. A HERITAGE PROBLEM. V1-3. The land of Judah had a rich heritage. Great men like King David, King Solomon, Great soldiers, Great Generals, great Prophets. The city of Jerusalem was their heritage. The Temple was there. They had a rich heritage to look back on and to build upon. But in our text, all the great men were gone. No more heroes. No more mighty soldiers. No judge who criminals feared. No eloquent orator to plead for them in the senate. Great and noble men were gone. Today, where are our great leaders we can respect and admire? Today, the Heroes of our kids are Punk Rockers, Swivel hip singers, ball players, Rock Stars, and Rappers. Our values are twisted. We have forsaken our great heritage. When I was a young lad, we had real heroes. Great men like MacArthur, Eisenhower, Patton, Nimitz, Hulsey, and so many more. Men of honor and integrity. Our School system was a great Heritage. We began each day with the pledge of allegiance, the Teacher read the Bible, and we began our day with the Lord’s Prayer. (This has been declared unconstitutional). If we had a problem at school, we had another problem when we got home. The home and the school worked together. I could go on and on about our rich heritage, but, we left that.
2. A HOME PROBLEM. In our text, v4-5, it seems that the homes of Isaiah’s day were turning out children that behave just like some do today. Before I go further, I want to thank God for every young person in America who is trying his or her best to be the best they can be. Thank God for every young person who puts Christ first in his or her life. But many young people today are heading in the wrong direction. The oldest institution is the home. The home was on the rocks in Isaiah’s day. The same is true in our land today. “The child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient.” Our children have been left for the Day Care Center to raise. What Day Care Center could take the place of a tender, loving Mother in the Home? And after a day at Day care, the children are left with another 4 or 5 hours of TV, video games, to finish the day. No home is big enough for this “junk” that our young people are exposed to daily. Did you ever notice the violence, the shootings, the stabbings, the shootings, the robberies? And Rambo, with his guns blazing. Our kids get a large dose of this stuff every day. Did you ever watch the cartoons they watch? They are NOT like they used to be. More shootings. Video games. Did you ever talk a walk near a video arcade at the mall? Shootings, violence, it sounds like a war in there. Our kids are exposed to this stuff daily. WHAT THEY SEE AFFECTS THEM, WHAT THEY LISTEN TO AFFECTS THEM, WHAT THEY READ AFFECTS THEM! Now, I do not believe in over protecting our kids. I believe they should be taught properly, and not leave the teaching up to the TV, video, etc. People have had guns for years. This is a Constitutional right. Let us NOT blame guns. Let us get back to the basic establishment of home life. In Judah, they had a HOME problem. In Jonesboro, they have a HOME problem. In Jacksonville, we have a Home problem.
3. A HEART PROBLEM. If you read further in the text in Isaiah 3:6-7 you will see that no one was willing to step forward and take their stand. “It’s not my responsibility. Don’t blame me. Get someone else. NOT ME.” These verses read as though they describe the day and time in which we live. Our HERITAGE has been placed aside, our HOMES are on the rocks, and we have no HEART left. Sometimes I wonder that if we faced a crisis concerning our National Security, would we have the heart to face it. I hope so. (Congress leaves me guessing about that these days). But still, all is not hopeless…There is a
4. HEALING PLAN..Isaiah 1:18, “Come now, and let us reason together saith the Lord. Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” What a Great God we serve. He was ready to reason with Judah and forgive their sin. I believe that He is the same today. Who knows, if one by one, we begin to seek His Face, who knows just what God might do for America. Today, we cannot point to just one single thing and say, “That is the blame for the Jonesboro incident.” Or “That is the blame for the Virginia Tech incident.” It’s all of the above. If there is not a turning to God in America, I am afraid that we are only seeing the beginning. Most of all, our Christian Heritage is being eroded. We MUST return to God and Country. May Pastors across the land forsake this TV, Hollywood fashion, and preach sound doctrine from the same Old Bible our Forefathers used. As a Christian, talk with God. Ask Him to search your heart. Make sure that you are right with God. That’s where it starts. If you are not a Christian, this is your day. The Bible says, “Ye must be born again.” We are born sinners. We inherit our father Adam’s nature. This is part of the package we are born with. That’s why our Lord said “Ye must be born again.” “Well Preacher, how are we born again?” The Bible (KJV) says, “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, (born again) even to them that believe on His name” “Ask, and ye shall receive.” Do that very thing just now. GOD BLESS AMERICA. BLESS THE HURTING ONES OF VIRGINIA TECH, GOD BLESS YOU!
FROM MY HEART By Mildred Mills
OUR GOD FORGIVES
What a Wonderful and Mighty God we serve. He not only made it possible for us to be saved, He also promises to keep us after we are saved. When we become His child by trusting in the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Christ, His Mercies do not stop there. He provides Grace and Mercy that will follow us all the days of our lives. He knew we would fall short in our Christian walk, and we would need daily cleansing. We, as Christians not only do things that are displeasing to God, but we also fail to do the things we should, and this is also sin. Omission, or commission, whatever the case may be, we need daily cleansing. I am so very thankful He promised to save us, keep us, forgive us, and to love us no matter what. I have always said if God saved me and said to me, “Now you are on your own,” I would be in big trouble, (and so would you). How many times we fail and Satan says to us, “You failed, so just give up, and sell out to me.” When this happens, God speaks to us through so many verses in His Word. “For Thou Lord art good, and ready to forgive, and plenteous in Mercy unto all them that call upon Thee,” (Psa. 86:5). God tells us, “If we confess our sins, He is Faithful and Just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness,”(1Jn 1:9). So, child of God, when things happen in your life that are not pleasing to Him, ask for His forgiveness and remember He is Merciful and full of Grace. God asks that we do our best,But He accepts us when we fail, For no matter what we do, His Love and Truth prevail. God is a forgiving God.
Wandering Through the WILDERNESS…
“How can we trust a Bible that has obscene words or verbiages?”
If you are referring to the King James Bible, there are no obscene words. It is written in Correct English. I understand what you are saying, but MAN has misused, mishandled, and misapplied many Bible words. For instance, I was listening to a preacher who was preaching about, as I remember, “Balaam’s Ass.” Nu. 22:22-33. The preacher apologized, and said, “Now my Mama taught me not to say certain words, so I’ll just say donkey.” The wrong connotation for the word “ass” is man’s doings. Don’t try to change the Bible, it’s right.And another question about Inspiration..Yes, I believe in Inspiration and Preservation. I believe that the King James Bible is just like the Holy Spirit wanted it to be. If I believe anything about Inspiration, I must believe that. I do not understand everything, but I believe that it is just like the Holy Spirit wanted it to be.This Book has brought us this far, and it will take us on to Glory. Pastor Mills..
There is nothing wrong with your Bible, King James, that is. Don’t fall for this “junk” on the market today.